Tuesday 2 March 2010

Roast Dinner Rarebit

Well, I won't claim this is haute cuisine. I was trying to come up with a creative way to use up the two day old leftovers from my Sunday roast. I didn't feel like knocking up a sauce or doing anything as elaborate as a pie or soup. So I came up with the Roast Dinner Rarebit.

I chopped up all the leftovers into smallish pieces: roast chicken, potatoes, brocolli and cauliflower cheese. Then mixed in a big spoonful of English mustard and some of the jelliefied gravy and spread the whole lot on a wholemeal baguette.



Then I sprinkled over some mature chedder and whacked the whole thing in the oven until hot and bubbling.



It would probably go quite well with a side salad, but I just opted for a good squeeze of Chilli Ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment